----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please read the following note from Matthew about costumes:
Hey everyone! Some important info re: Costumes
I wanted to touch base because well, I haven't, and I get the feeling I haven't been as clear as I would like. First of all, I want to say how honored I am to be with you guys, and how much respect I have for you as performers because each and everyone one of you has so much on their plate. As a listener I can't believe how together the music is (and I'm sure Christina would say it's still growing). The full run on Sunday gave me chills THE ENTIRE time, I mean every single song. It's insane. During 'Tundra' as we journey to the Bear's Castle there were tears streaming down my face. That song hit me like whoa. Much love.
We're soon entering the point where lots of costumes are going to appear and explode onto the stage. You'll hear me say this several times, but I need everyone to be careful not only with the garments, but where they are placed and picked up again. It is your responsibility to know where a jacket gets thrown and to pick it up again after the show. There will be several fast changes so I understand that things might be everywhere backstage. The sooner we can start thinking about this the better. Keep yourself organized.
Little Xara will have 3 outfits:
Villager (Fire colours + browns)
Woods, Hags, Winds (White and black base costume + blue)
Finale (Villager costume + metallic piece)
Villager (Fire colours + browns)
Woods, Hags, Winds (White and black base costume + blue)
Finale (Villager costume + metallic piece)
I've asked everyone to bring a white and black base pieces and brown or black boots.
Hair: If your hair is long enough to braid, we're doing braids. Take a look at the pinterest board or research a bit yourself and try to learn something new. You get to design your own hairstyle for your character in the village. Everyone in the village is unique. If you're not so good at braids that's ok, something simple is fine too. Keep in mind the style should be hearty because you might be pulling clothes over your head.
Makeup: I'd like you to think about what YOUR face does in the winter. Like when you're outside in a blizzard. That's how I'd like your face to look. Everyone has different skin so I don't want to give general directions for all of you. My skin tone is kind of pale olive and gets very white and red when it's cold. What I WOULD DO is a pale foundation everywhere and lots of rosy blush. Maybe a hint of blue/purple on the lips or eyes. I don't want to go to crazy with the makeup because we're changing clothes a lot, and it should be a balance of a very 'normal' 'natural' 'living on the farm' look but also cold. I also want you to feel beautiful and not tooooo alien. It could be really nice to do white mascara on everyone's eyelashes and eyebrows. I'm also tempted to glue on fake snow/white glitter BUT I'm hesitating for now because too much stuff on our faces might make it hard to change, and changing costume is more important.
CLICK HERE, I dare you...
No comments:
Post a Comment